Tuesday, February 24, 2009

I can't wait to quit my day job..seriously!

Sooo...The morning was going so well. I discovered that I'm in love with Starbucks, white chocolate mocha plus caramel. And yes! It's completely fat free, no added sugar or anything! Okay..so maybe that's not true, but don't judge me! lol. But moving on...I was on my 30 minute lunch break. Shocked? Me too! We only get 30 minutes for lunch now! Do you know how hard it is to scarf down piping hot food without burning your tongue? Very hard, let me tell you. But again, I'm being random. But I digress. lol. Sooo I have an interview and training scheduled for a new job, and I'd been pondering on what to do. I'd love to have more time to put into my business and other ventures that I'm working on. Plus, the new job would start me off at the exact amount that I'd make with the raise at my current job So I was thinking to myself, "Hey, it's almost time to get said raise!" (For privacy purposes we'll just say I'm a worker bee at Underpaid and Overworked Inc.) So I asked my boss about the EXACT date that the raise was coming up. She replied, "Oh you haven't heard! Corporate has frozen ALL raises for everyone involved with the company" *dead silence* *crickets* I even thought I saw a tumbleweed blow past me. Seriously. So I guess that's my answer, huh? Take the new job? *sigh* This recession is insane! Freezing raises?!?! Do you know how hard is to even get an INTERVIEW for a job? The whole WORLD is looking for a job! So I guess that's my answer, huh? Well..take the new job it is. Okay, maybe tomorrow I'll write about something crafty..right now I need to draft up a nastygram for corporate. Where's my selection of evil smileys? Grrrrrr.

No comments:

Post a Comment